Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

My Shop on the Blog series - part 1

As promised, here's the part 1 of My Shop on the Blog series :-)

When I started working on the Garage Sale Buku blog, I wanted to - of course - decorate the blog with my own graphics. But the templates I could find at that time were mostly those big tiles with white background in the middle. After some googlings finally I got it, how to add background tiles to the blog-body and to the blog-wrapper (the middle part of the blog where you put the blog posts and widgets on sidebars).

That was such a good news to me :-) Now I can experiment with my own background tiles, hundreds of them! You can, too.

There are two ways that I know of how to do it. But first, let's start with these two background tiles:

stripes_yellow.gif

gs_tileflora.gif

Now right-click the background tiles and save them on your harddisk (you can change the file names too if you want).

Next, upload the background tiles to your own Blog so the images will be stored and hosted by Blogger.

Here's a quick tip:
- open a new post
- upload the images
- once the images appear in your post, save the post (push the 'save now' button), you don't have to publish it (but if you want to publish the post, that's okay too).

the point is that you get the images stored in your Blogger account. Like this:



Next post: two easy ways to add the background tiles to your blog, and how to combine them (one for the blog-body, the other for the blog-wrapper)

Talk to you again tomorrow :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter