Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2008

[.sick.leave.]

Body,
My playmate!
Neither the master
Nor the slave,
A buoyant heart
Shall bear you along,
While you cheer my way
With your lively flame.

But body,
My playmate,
You must not flinch
Nor fail me when
The moment comes
To do the impossible.

Dag Hammarskjold, June 8, 1961

One of the most disturbing things for me is getting sick while in the middle of many, interesting projects. It's been more than 2 weeks but the flu hasn't subsided, which is too much for me. Normally one weekend rest then all is well again. When finally my nose was kind of blocked and the fever came back, giving me a terrible headache I skipped work and just run to the hospital. Not fun. Not fun because now I have to rest, doing nothing, just rest. And much to my chagrin, it gives an opportunity for unnecessary thoughts and past memories to roam uncontrolably in my head. I certainly miss my creative days.

2 comments:

  1. I have discovered that when we be still we do have time to go through the process of growing for knowing for onward to be going. Hehe!! [things left undone have to be closed for closure.] I trust you will be feeling better soon is spirit and in body. It is fun to be creative although everything has a season. Love and Blessings, rilda *U*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amreta - 'Always enjoy reading your blog and being able to use your beautiful graphics. Thanks so much. My heart goes out to you because last week I had to just "rest" too. It was not fun. Take care and get well very soon! -Barbara

    ReplyDelete

    follow me on Twitter