Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

[.gothenburg.]

I didn't go to Gothenburg when I visited Sweden last month. Normally in my previous visits, I went there to see the sailing ship - the Gotheborg, or anything related to it. But this time when I found myself traveling in Sweden the ship was docked in Gävle. So there it was my destination.

How wonderful it was to see 'my' beautiful ship again! And she was as beautiful as always. Funny how I got certain 'emotional attachment' to this ship. And certainly I'm not the only one. Certainly and obviously! :-)

During that afternoon visit I got the chance to watch the movie from the ship's voyage reliving the historic route from Gothenburg to China and back in 2005 - 2007 (the ship stopped over in Jakarta for 10 days in June 2006, that's how I got to know her) - and toward the end of the film I was somehow stunned by the song accompanying the images of the ship's homecoming in Gothenburg. Then my Swedish friends there told me that the song was "Gothenburg" by Maia Hirasawa. In this internet age you know what I did then when I got home...searching the song in YouTube :-) Not only it is a really nice song, the clip was also stunning. Well, Ms Hirasawa, you've got one more fans...


1 comment:

  1. Ciao Amreta, I'd love to visit Sweden one day too! :) Maybe now that I am living in Scotland (moved here from Italy 3 months ago) it will be easier ;) Happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete

    follow me on Twitter