Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2007

[.happy.midsummer.]

It’s midsummer eve! I love this particular Swedish tradition celebrating the longest day of the year. It certainly doesn’t work at all in Jakarta where the sun always sets at around 6 p.m. all year round. But who can resist talking about a very beautiful day?

Where the sun shines at its brightest on a lush meadow, colourful flowers and cute wooden houses by a lake…


imagebank.sweden.se


imagebank.sweden.se

Girls with flower crowns and violins…


imagebank.sweden.se

Fresh sweet strawberries…


imagebank.sweden.se

Midsummer singing dan dancing…


imagebank.sweden.se

Wait, did I say that it didn’t work in Jakarta? I was fooling myself. Last year we were crazy enough, with the presence of the Swedish sailing ship Götheborg and her crew…





to have a maypole up, decorated with lots of flowers…



and everyone jumped in singing and dancing around the maypole…



Huge thanks everyone for sharing this unforgettable moment with us here last year! I think of you all this midsummer eve.

Glad midsommar! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter