Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Choosing authenticity


One of the things I learned from my Dad, an artist, was authenticity. It was the very word that deeply sinks into my pscyhe, and I don't know if actually I just inherited that from Dad without realising how it would have shaped my life, the way I live now. There were times in my school years I lamented why I was different from my classmates, but then coming home, Dad would give me encouragement that my 'differences' - if I stick to those - were the things that made everyone know it's "me", that made me 'stand out' and that I don't have to be ashamed that I was 'extra-ordinary'. Then I went on. I found my life, life found me. And the journey is still up and down. And I'm thankful that Life still gives me gentle reminders whenever needed. Like the video of Dr Brene Brown above. Watch it. Take notes. You'll love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter