Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

{envie: Carolyn Quartermaine}




British artist and designer Carolyn Quartermaine is my idol... well, one of my idols in the design world. Her style, her choice of colours, all. And I love it how she uses her own home as "an inspiring three dimensional sketchbook" - as quoted by Elle Decor.

Her book "Revealed" (Conran Octopus, 2001) is one of my main inspirators and I have special folder for all Carolyn Quartermaine related files I could find: magazine articles, pdfs, images, that I can take a look often, training my eyes and visualizing I could live the CQ-style :-)

Such an envy, really. And now looking at those files in the folder again, I dream of transforming my room into my own 3D sketchbook, just like Carolyn Quartemaine...

For the moments, here are the looks I'm dying to covet, from Carolyn Quartermaine's home:


Here's how I really really want my drawing room to look like. Clean, fresh details, but somehow there's a kind of artistic mess here and there.


The details are exquisite...


This is beyond sitting pretty. Here you sit gorgeous


That's how I would have my storage to look: unconventional, magical


Perfect setting to embark on a fairytale dream land, a beautiful rest


No comments:

Post a Comment

    follow me on Twitter